Sunday, June 13, 2010

Repeat C-Section


Looks like I'm going to deliver IZ via repeat c-section on Friday, June 18th. This will be my third c-section.

With my son, it was an emergency c-section because his heart-rate kept going down. When they pulled him out, his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck twice. That was nearly nine years ago. With my daughter, I was going to have her natural until the ultrasound tech noticed I had a low placenta. So, I had to have a scheduled c-section. There is nothing wrong with this pregnancy. But since I never gave birth naturally and that I got pregnant 10 months after having my daughter, they think it would be wise to have another c-section.

This will be my last pregnancy and I bummed because I never got to experience a natural water birth like I wanted from the very beginning of having children. It seems so unfair that I was dealt this hand. However, God has blessed me with 4 children (2 living, 1 in heaven, and another on the way). I am very grateful for that. I love my children with my whole heart, plus more.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Good luck with the c-section. No matter how our children are born, we treasure them, don't we? I was sorry to read about your divorce and your troubles.

purple24 said...

Thank you. :)